You will need to create and upload two files - one for the design file and one for your Element layer. The black parts of your Element layer will denote which parts of your design we apply the Spot Gloss or Foil to. Anything white won’t be printed with any Foil or Spot Gloss.
We recommend the following settings to yield the best possible output:
- Design file - vector based PDF, saved in CMYK - this will be printed the same way as all standard MOO products.
- Element/Mask Layer - CMYK (black and white: 0/0/0/100), vector based PDF only - the black parts of the design will be printed with Foil or Spot Gloss.
Please use your Elements wisely and for best results, follow these handy tips:
- Foil: Treat the foil as its own color that will print on top of the rest of your design, obscuring what’s underneath. Foil should not replicate any elements of your Design file to prevent a messy halo effect.
- Spot and Raised Spot Gloss: Think of Gloss as an enhancement to your existing design. Any design element it is printed over will appear shiny and slightly raised.
- Use black & white files only for the element files, and use a CMYK value of 0/0/0/100 for the black parts.
- Use vector-based PDF artwork for the element layer. Low-quality artwork can make the Foils or Gloss come out jagged and vector PDFs will help prevent this:
You can use our Design Templates to create the perfect fit using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop.