You can outline your text in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Open the original Photoshop file (.psd).
- Find layers containing text (denoted by a "T" in the layer name).
- Right-click the layer and select "Convert to Shape".
- Your text is now a shape, and is vectorized - this will make the text look as crisp as possible when printed.
- For best results, you should then save your PDF, using the preset PDF/x-1a:2001.
- Open the Illustrator file (.ai) or PDF.
- Select the text layer or text box on the canvas.
- Click "Type>Create Outlines" from the top menu.
- Your text should now be converted to a vector shape.
- For best results, you should then save your PDF, using the preset PDF/X-1a:2001.